What should you do when your Hoover home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your family – against the various risks you might encounter, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Hoover home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often shocking, confusing, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and adhere to these straightforward guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Hoover Triggers
It’s a circumstance no one wants to be in, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the telltale sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. So what is your next move?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to assess what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency alone and let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Protect your family members. Your main focus should be your loved ones and getting them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might include going to a predetermined safe room as far from entry points as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately scared off the trespasser, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a fire, you ought to exit your home without delay.
- Don’t forget your smartphone. These days, most homeowners take their phones with them always, but you might neglect to grab it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Hoover goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the type of emergency. To illustrate, when a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to contact you before help is dispatched. In the event of an intrusion - the most frequent kind of event - a monitoring specialist will adhere to these steps to contact you:
- An effort will be made to contact you via the command hub. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once authorities are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Assistance will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Hoover
Be prepared for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Hoover from Vivint. Dial (205) 898-6989 to start customizing your property’s protection today.