Top safety tips for new homeowners in Hoover
If you purchased your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for you and yours. You’re likely thinking about how you might personalize your house with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make certain you consider home security as well. Keeping the ones you care about safeguarded should always be a major emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Hoover.
Perform a safety audit of your new Hoover property
Now that safety is at the forefront, find out what your new home has in terms of protection. First, make certain you have operational smoke detectors. Test every one and switch out batteries if needed. Are there carbon monoxide detectors? Do you need a water sensor downstairs? This is also an excellent time to upgrade door locks and investigate all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through every space and get familiar with your new home.
Smart security tips for your Hoover home
Once you’ve completed your opening investigation of locks and safety alarms, you should consider elevating your property’s defense. Get started with these security tips for your home in Hoover.
- Opt for a full-featured home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Hoover can do is install a home security system. Today’s wireless technology allows you to keep tabs on your home even when you’re not there. You may review up-to-the-second video footage, engage door locks, and even communicate with guests at your door straight from your smartphone. You can even customize with incredible security implements such as surveillance cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Update outdoor lighting. Outdoor lights with motion detectors are a smart solution in deterring possible burglars. You might even incorporate them with video cameras. When a motion detector is triggered, it can signal your surveillance to begin recording.
- Keep your premises maintained. Can you easily see all of your property through your windows? Are there oversized shrubs and trees impeeding the view? Remove possible hiding spots for trespassers by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will be grateful for it also.
- Get to know people on your street. One more thing about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friendly with people around you, there’s a greater probability they’ll inform you if they see suspicious behavior. You might also join your community’s social media presence if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you go with an advanced smart home, you can make it seem like you’re on site by illuminating smart light bulbs at predetermined moments. This is a fantastic option when you’re away.