Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Hoover smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete command of your Hoover home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and explore recommendations to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Hoover?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular capability for added reliability. It also offers total remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View current or saved video streams from your connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Hoover by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The main screen will display a notification if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Hoover
Even though multiple users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Hoover security system. Contact (205) 898-6989 to get started.