Online ordering and daily shipments have become commonplace for countless people. You love the ease of having items left right in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages on your doorstep are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a serious concern, but you have the chance to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are effective tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they provide so much more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Hoover video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer an array of advanced features, and the technology keeps advancing. You can now implement detection zones, talk to individuals in front of your door, and obtain real-time notifications whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to see how a Hoover video doorbell camera works is to explore the various advantages it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that includes the faces of visitors on your porch and boxes on the surface below. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Vivid footage no matter the hour: What’s the benefit of having a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and difficult to see? The best models will give you amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy automatic alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your main entry? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to inquire about why they’re there. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will allow you to cut down on false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the option to access live and recorded video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. These components have turned into game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.